Thursday, August 27, 2009

Will it or won't it wick????

There's been a request for embroidered night nappies. Seeing as the Dreams nappies are made of Windpro fleece with no additional waterproofing layer, it make embroidery a tad nmore tricky.

I finally got around to making Luke an embroidered Dreams nappy. I had him drink a bottle of water before going to sleep, so we shall see what happens in the morning. He is a tummy sleep though, so Ryan (who's 3.5 years old) will have to give it a test too as he's a more conventional sleeper!

Watch this space if you're one who wants an embroidered Dreams nappy. I do however have a back up plan if this does wick, but it would cost more so it would be good if I didn't have to use it.

3 comments:

  1. OOO sounds very exciting, hope it doesnt wick!

    I love our Dream night nappy, although DD decided to be a super weer last night and soaked it and her...not a common occurance though and shes been in them since she was 4 mths old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bamboo fleece I use now is even better than it used to be. I'm trying hard to out pee these news ones and failing LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could put some PUL behind the embroidery, leaving extra that you can fold over and then sew together around the edge to seal it over. There is a tutorial on Diaper Sewing Divas forum if my rambles didn't make sense, lol!

    ReplyDelete