Monday, October 5, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new

It's been a while between blogs. There's a lot going on at the moment with Fluffy Bubs.

New site

I'm so happy to say that it really does look like I'll be able to get the new site up and running for the next stocking in October. It's a fresh look and I love it. The shopping cart system seems to be much more user friendly and hopefully it'll eliminate a lot of the admin that I do manually. The new logo is still in the works but I hope to have that ready in December.

New Minky Days AI2

This month spells the release of V2 of the Minky Days. It has a simplified snap rise adjustment and snap in booster system while maintaining the shape and measurements as V1.

Meanwhile V1 will remain at the discounted price. Grab a bargain! These are great nappies.

New Minky Days Velour Pocket

In response to a large number of people wanting a more natural inner, I have designed the 'Minky Days Velour Pocket'. It has a gorgeous soft bamboo velour inner and the pocket stuffs at the front rather than the back. It also has a panel of matching minky at the front on the inside to prevent potential wicking onto clothing.

This nappy has the same shape and measurements as the AI2 you know and love. At this stage I do hope to have some ready for the October stocking.

New prints!

Yep that's right!!! Gorgeous new prints at the next stocking for both boys and girls. Admitedly there's probably more for the girls than boys, but I love these prints. Bright, vibrant and bold colours, you're sure to love these. They will be previewing once the new site is up and running.

I still have some of the old favourites left in stock which will make an appearance every now and then at a stocking, or you can still order these as customs.

New embroideries and appliques

I have been working overtime with my embroidery machine since Friday...seriously I have. At least 8 hours a days. Yesterday and today I have been embroidering from 1:30pm until midnight (and cooking a meal and putting kids to sleep in between).

The results of this will be seen in October's stocking and the customs of course. I'm loving the Christmas designs and it's put me in the Christmas spirit :).

New giveaway!

As I mentioned, I'm loving this whole Christmas thing so much that I'm going to give away a free matching singlet to one lucky baby each month from Oct to Dec. This is just for those who order a Christmas nappy. A name will be drawn from a hat (ok, probably a bowl of some sort), and a matching singlet will be made to go with your nappy. It'll be a size 2, unless you specify in your order that you want a size 1.

What else is new?

Well, not too much else with Fluffy Bubs...I think the above is enough!

At the moment I plan on going away in November which means only the 1 custom stocking as I've mentioned before. We have been house hunting though so if we do end up buying a house, then my holiday will have to wait. What that does mean is Fluffy Bubs may be on hold at some stage while we declutter for open houses, pack for the move and unpack. For those who don't know, I live in a tiny 2 bedroom house where my dining room table is my work space (that gets cleared every day), and fabric is stored in almost every room in my house...plus my parents place too! We've definitely outgrown our place so hopefully that perfect house will come very soon.

1 comment: